Dental Oral Surgery For Implants
The Dental Oral Surgery used in the placement of a dental implant is often no worse, or often less traumatic than having the tooth removed which the implant is going to replace.
We use digital planning software to simulate the planned position of your tooth or teeth and then reverse-plan where the appropriately sized implant should be placed in the correct restoratively-driven locations, which is dictated by high levels of evidence-based literature.
Paul designs guides to aid the placement of dental implants just where he wants them, which are then 3D printed. This is known as guided implant surgery.
In the routine use of guided surgery we find that
- The implant surgery is less invasive and is a quicker patient experience
- Patients have less or no post-operative pain and swelling
- We can combine surgical treatments that might otherwise need to be carried out separately
- It reduces the number of surgical appointments
- It decreases overall treatment times